Important announcement from one of CRHA’s key community partners…
The Charlottesville Public Housing Association of Residents (PHAR) is currently hiring an
Executive Director. PHAR is a small non-profit (3 FT community organizers and 2 PT administrative
staff) focused on systemic change to benefit public housing residents.
Overview: Executive Director’s Role
We are looking for an Executive Director who brings teamwork and dedication to expanding
PHAR’s impact. The Executive Director will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for
PHAR staff and programs to fulfill our mission of educating and empowering public housing
residents to work collectively to improve our communities. This position reports to the Board of
Responsibilities include a variety of skills; training and support will be available for the right
candidate to grow in this role to fulfill the following:
• Ensure PHAR is providing excellent programs to involve residents and improve our quality of
• Hire and supervise staff, ensuring high quality and responsiveness.
• Support the Board of Directors and lead PHAR’s fundraising efforts.
• Work closely with members of the PHAR Advisory Council and other partners.
• Strengthen awareness of PHAR’s important work.
• Build relationships with community members, non-profits, and others to help PHAR grow.
• Integrity, flexibility and sense of humor.
The ED must be thoroughly committed to PHAR’s mission. All candidates should have excellent
communication skills, and the potential for successful supervision and fundraising. Knowledge and
experience with Charlottesville’s low-income community and racial justice and equity issues are
Salary: dependent on experience, range is $40,000-60,000 plus health benefits.
To apply: send a cover letter with information about your interest in this position and your resume
to the address above and to firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews with strong candidates will be
scheduled on a rolling basis.
PHAR is committed to building a team that strengthens equity and inclusion.
We welcome applicants of all races, ethnicities, nationalities, backgrounds,
incomes, religions, genders, sexual orientations, ages and abilities.